Inflammation: The Best Foods to Fight it!
Inflammation can be a fickle beast. If your organs are inflamed then chances are your skin is as well. If your skin is inflamed, you may not be feeling too happy. Did you know what we eat and put into our bodies has a HUGE effect on our overall wellness? Foods with high fat, sugar, and salt can heighten inflammation as can heavy diets consisting of red meat and deli meats (which are heavily processed and extremely high in sodium). In order to bring our inflammation down we need to put alkalizing food into our system. When our bodies are low in acidity and high on alkaline, inflammation is diminished. There are some really great and tasty foods to incorporate into your daily diet to help keep your wellness in check. Let's take a deeper look into the Osmosis plan for anti-inflammation eating.
1. Whole Grain: Whole grains are high in fiber and low in sugar. They also help keep your bowel movements regular which is key to keeping your intestines healthy!
2. Dark Leafy Greens: It's no secret that dark leafy greens play a vital role in your wellness and health. Vitamin E rich greens play a key role in protecting the body from inflammation-causing proteins. The chlorophyl in leafy greens also contributes to beneficial detoxing and skin health.
3. Nuts: Nuts that are rich in omega-3, antioxidants, and healthy fats are vital to reducing inflammation. Adding nuts like Almonds, Walnuts, and Pecans can reduce inflammation in as little as six weeks time.
4. Bright colored veggies and spices: Ginger, Turmeric, Onion, and Garlic are perfect foods to add into any meal to help fight inflammation and toxins. Peppers, tomatoes, and beets also contribute to wellness with their antioxidant powers and protect the body from harmful chemicals. Juicing these healthful veggies in the morning with lemon and berries is a great way to start your day!
5. Olive Oil: This oil is high in good fats and aids in keeping the body lubricated, which aids in toxin and inflammation excretion. Olive Oil is a great substitute for butter and other saturated fats used to flavor and cook food.
6. Citrus: Orange, lemon, and lime are high in heart-healthy and immune-healthy Vitamin C. These fruits are highly alkalizing which contributes to low inflammation.
**Additional supplements to help fight inflammation include Complete and Inner Harmony. These two help with proper digestion and balance of the organs' main functions. Don't forget to take Complete after every meal to aid in enzymatic functions and Inner Harmony morning and night to balance your body's internal wellness.**
These six all-stars are foods that can easily fit into your daily diet and taste delicious. One of our favorite recipes to utilize these fabulous foods is Forbidden Kale Salad. See the recipe below and get to eating!
Forbidden Kale Salad:
1 1/2 Cups Cooked Black Rice (aka Forbidden Rice)
4 Cups Kale (torn into bite-sized pieces)
1 Large Beet (cooked and chopped)
1/2 Chopped Onion (red or white)
2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Crushed Almonds
1 Clove Garlic (diced)
1 Tablespoon Fresh, Organic Almond Butter
1 Juicy Lime
Pinch of Salt and Pepper
Fresh grated Ginger and Turmeric for garnish and flavor.
Combine all oil, almond butter, garlic, lime juice, salt and pepper and whisk together until all ingredients are emulsified.
In a large bowl combine rice, beets, onion, and kale.
Drizzle dressing onto the salad and toss until everything is well-coated.
Sprinkle almonds, ginger, and turmeric on top. Serve it up and eat it! This salad makes for a great lunch or dinner. You could even add a scrambled egg to it and down it for breakfast!
Our skincare is dependent on how we treat our bodies internally. When our bodies are balanced and low on inflammation our skin will glow with health. For an in-depth eating plan to help squash inflammation and detox like a pro, go here.
Enjoy this recipe and enjoy treating your body right!
Shop wellness supplements here.