It's finally time to strip away our base layers, put away our big sweaters, and turn off the heat! Spring is always a great time to renew, start fresh, and shed our winter skin. We have put together the perfect at-home spa facial that will not only reveal your spring skin, but give you some much deserved you time. Put on some soothing tunes, grab a cup of tea... or glass of wine (hooray Rosé season)!
Step 1: Wash that pretty face of yours with Cleanse. Let this gentle cleanser lift impurities from the skin without causing irritation. Pat dry with a soft towel.
Step 2: Mix one pump of StemFactor with a dime size of Repair and apply to your face, neck and chest. Spritz with Clear Plus + and massage into the skin for 30 seconds. Once you have finished your mini massage, allow the product to sit on the skin for 10 minutes. Gently rinse and pat dry with a soft towel.
Step 3: Mix 2 pumps of Renew and a quarter size amount of Hydralift Firming Mask. Apply to face, neck and chest. Spritz with Clear Plus + and let the product sit for 15 minutes. Now would be a good time to jam out to some tunes and take a sip of your beverage. Once your 15 minutes are up, rinse well and pat dry with a soft towel.
Step 4: Apply one pump of Refresh PM to your eyes and lips (use any extra to pat onto your cuticles)!
Step 5: Apply 2 pumps of Replenish with two pumps of Quench Plus + to your face, neck and chest. Spritz with Clear Plus+ and pat your skin gently to push and absorb all the goodness.
Step 6: Take another sip of your beverage and take a peak at your glowing, spring ready complexion in the mirror!
There you have it! A simple, hydrating, gentle exfoliating facial to do at home to help shed your winter skin and reveal your spring ready glow! We love gifting ourselves with a little facial love on Sunday nights, not only is it a great time to spend with yourself, it gets you ready for the week ahead! Give it a try and let us know how you glow here!!
Learn where to shop for your spring facial here.
Mothers deserve an Oscar, or a Nobel Peace Prize, or an entire planet named in their honor! We at Osmosis LOVE our mama's to the moon and back (heck, some of us even work with our mothers right here in our corporate office)! I know (breaking the third wall) that my own mother is not only my best friend, but she is my emotional anchor, sounding board, cheerleader, and even let's me know when I am in the wrong. Overall, she's pretty darn perfect if you ask me! That's why we have put together some great gift ideas to bestow upon your mother in honor of Mother's Day.
1. Silhouette prints of your profile! We love custom printables and these are no different. Give your mother the gift of a unique, trendy silhouette. We love Lemonade Design Studio on Etsy. All you need to do is send a profile image of your pretty lil' face, choose the style your mom would most love and harass your mail carrier until it arrives!
2. Words of Intent: These bracelets are so perfect for the down-to-earth, inspirational mama! Choose a word that you most associate with your mother, pick the bracelet and click order. She will be able to wear the way you see her everyday. That is a gift any mother will appreciate and take to heart.
3. Glam Mama: If your mother is a glam gal, she will love our Red Lip Kit. This kit is perfect for the mother who never leaves home without her lipstick. Equipped with our BRAND NEW Lip Brush, Sangria Lip Pencil, Sassy Lipstick, Lust Lip Glaze and our ever-so-popular Translucent Finishing Powder, this kit is all she needs to feel and stay glamorous!
4. DIY: Do It Yourself projects are becoming quite trendy and make for great thoughtful gifts for mom. Check out Good House Keeping's top 33 DIY projects for the perfect Mother's Day Gifts... How cute are those Tea Cup Candles??
5. Mama's Wellness Bundle: We love a good kit, bundle, or box filled with goodies and our mothers are no different. It's important to let your mother know how important she is to you, AND how important her health and longevity is to you (and her)! Put together a box full of her favorite scents or essential oils, Mini Harmonized Water Kit, a beautiful candle, and a soothing body scrub or bath soak. Maybe even throw in a bottle of her favorite wine or tea. Let her know that her well-being is just as important to you as yours is to her.
It should be pretty obvious by now that we love our mamas! This Mother's Day, gift her with all the love, caring, support and energy she deserves. Show some love for these incredible life-giving ladies!
Learn where to shop for mom here.
Ahhhh Spring! We love your blooms, smells, and warmth. We also love your bounty from our favorite organic farms! Spring and summer bring about some of our favorite fruits and veggies and we can't wait to share with you one of our favorite salads that not only tastes great, but puts your body into spring cleaning-detox mode. April through May brings about some delicious finds in your produce department, here are some of our favorites:
Mangos: These tropical gems are packed with Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and Alkalizing goodness. These make for a great addition to any spring salad or snack!
Brussels Sprouts: These fiber packed goodies are also high in Folic Acid and Vitamin C. They are from the cruciferous family, making them a smart choice for potassium, protein and iron and of course, our favorite DIM.
Mushrooms: These fungi are actually good year-round! Mushrooms pack so many wonderful health benefits that we throw them into any and every meal. These calcium packed veggies help lower cholesterol, increase iron levels, and help with nutrient absorption. They also house 5% of your daily intake of Vitamin D, 6% of your protein, and 4% of your dietary fiber. Nom, nom.
Spring Peas: These bright and refreshing veggies are high in Vitamin K, A, and C and provide you with a strong serving of Folic Acid and Zinc. Spring peas make for a great snack or salad topper.
Asparagus: Is there anything better than fresh, green asparagus? They are finally in season and we love detoxing with these stems of goodness. High in Vitamin B-6, these spears make for a great natural detox remedy. Not only do you absorb all the great nutrition from asparagus, but they are also a natural diuretic, which in turn flushes excess salt and fluid from the body. Asparagus has also been linked to heightening your mood. If you are feeling blue, munch on some blanched spears and get all the mood boosting benefits of Folic Acid and Vitamin B12!
Now that we know which veggies are in season and ready to rock, let's get to making our favorite detox salad!
Spring Detox Salad:
1 cup Spinach
1 cup of shredded Brussels
1/2 cup Diced Mango
6-8 spears blanched asparagus (then cut into thirds)
1/4 cup Spring Peas cut into thirds
1/3 cup diced Mushrooms
1 tablespoon Sunflower Seeds
1/2 tablespoon Chia Seeds
Top your salad with this Basil Vinaigrette (trust us, you'll want to drink this baby straight)!
Being a Holistic Wellness company, we love exploring all the ways nature can keep your body and spirit happy and healthy. One of the most important things you can do for your body is help it detox on a daily basis. Toxins are everywhere; from the air to the food we eat, our body is introduced to roughly 1 million toxins a day. Luckily, our organs do an outstanding job at filtering most of those toxins out, but there is always more you can do to help. That's where Environmental Detox comes in, our newest member of the wellness family is a heightened up version of our beloved DIM supplement.
Environmental Detox is chock-full of minerals and extracts to kick your body into a detoxing machine. Let's take a closer look at all the amazing things this new supplement has to offer.
DIM - Diindolylmethane, an extract from cruciferous vegetables, binds estrogenic toxins that aid in hormonal balance. This ingredient is perfect to treat those pesky hormonal breakouts, hair growth or loss in relation to hormonal imbalance and all around helps balance your system.
Activated Charcoal - Activated Charcoal acts like a sponge to absorb toxins and harmful compounds and helps to decrease the work load of the liver to detoxify the body. This wonder also improves defense mechanisms for all major organs.
Glutathione S-transferase - This is the most active detoxification agent in the body. It conjugates toxins so they become water soluble, which in turn makes those pesky toxins less active and more apt to be removed by the body.
Those three musketeers of ingredients receive back up strength from raw cacao, yucca root, and butyarate, making this supplement a detoxing powerhouse. This revolutionary wizard supplement is an all-encompassing tool that can and should be taken by all! Not only will Environmental Detox remove toxins from the gut, it also goes deeper into your cells to aid in toxin removal.
Helping your body by removing toxins on the daily, allows for your organs to function regularly and gives them a little vacation from overworking. This newness is your magic bullet to toxin-free wellness.
Learn where to get your detox on here.
Once spring hits, we can't help but feel rejuvenated, excited, and above all else... allergy-prone! Allergies can take a toll on your skin's health but it can also take a BIG toll on your eyes. From red and runny, to sallow and puffy, that winter spring transition can leave your eyes less than peppy. Don't worry, we've got you covered with our Eye Bright Beauty Tutorial! Tune in to find out how keep your peepers bright, full and sassy!
This spring, give your eyes the VIP treatment with the perfect, natural, bright eye look! See below for products used:
Age Defying Treatment Concealer
Truffle Bliss Eye Shadow Duo
Navy Eye Pencil
Spring Crush Blush
Delicate Rose Lip Pencil
Bare Lip Gloss
Learn where to shop this look here!
Here we go again with another ingredient breakdown! This month we are featuring the letter N. We knew we couldn't choose any other ingredient other than Niacinamide! This ingredient is a skincare rock-star and we can't wait to enlighten you on why Niacinamide should be an ingredient you always reach for. So let's unlock its magic and see all that it does!
Now we know why Niacinamide is your featured ingredient that simply works wonders, let's take a peek at what Osmosis products hold this ingredient.
Repair: One of our favorite healing masks that helps calm inflammation and soothe redness.
Vitamin A Serums: Our higher level Vitamin A Serums; Clarify, Correct and Renew not only give you a Vitamin A boost, but the addition of Niacinamide helps keep the skin soothed and happy!
Enlighten: Our pigment-busting spot treatment also finds itself boasting a healthy service of Niacinamide! Brighten and calm at the same time.
Replenish: Get a dose of antioxidants while improving your skin's elasticity.
For the Professionals: Our Powder Active Blend - Niacinamide and Facial Infusion both contain high concentrates of this favorite ingredient. Check out your local professional treatments to get a results driven treatment!
Learn where to get a treatment and where to shop for your Niacinamide needs here.
Stress. It's an intricate web of madness and often times is a silent monster that we don't know we have until it's too late. We all know that stress can affect our bodies in many different ways leaving us emotionally depleted, physically exhausted, and sometimes down-right blue. Stress is not only a mental monster, but it can also wreak havoc on your organs, cells, and skin. From breakouts, to puffy eyes and bellies, stress (often caused by internal and emotional inflammation) can leave us feeling detached, anxious, and feisty. In honor of National Stress Awareness Month, we have put together some tips to beat stress once and for all!
1. Breathe! This is the most important tip of all. Often when stress and anxiety kick in, our bodies go into fight or flight mode. With that, our breathing becomes staccato, causing our brains to lose out on vital amounts of oxygen. When you feel stress creeping up, remove yourself from your current environment and go someplace quiet and safe (like your staff bathroom or your car). Set your phone alarm for 5 minutes and get to breathing. Take steady, smooth breaths inhaling for a count of 7 seconds, hold your breath for 7 seconds, then exhale nice and slow for 7 seconds. Do this for 5 minutes, focus only on your breath and start to feel the benefits of oxygen. *You may feel a little light headed at first, push through it and keep breathing.*
2. Harmonize! We feel so happy that we are able to provide you with a holistic way to combat stress and feel better. We love using Relax Harmonized Water and Inner Harmony Harmonized Water. Use these two together for a mid-day reset. Relax will help with the overall symptoms of stress while Inner Harmony will go deeper, helping to give your organs and cells a much needed boost.
3. Aromatherapy! Use essential oils to help calm your nerves and brain. We love these three oils for stress reduction: Lavender, Grapefruit, and Rose. Give yourself a whiff of each (separately) for a soothing scent break.
4. Dance! There is nothing better than an impromptu dance party. When you get home from work, crank some tunes (we suggest a fabulous 80's play list) and get down! After a long day, sometimes your body and muscles need to feel some love. Dancing is a great way to increase muscle memory and it gives your brain a break from thinking. So, don't worry about looking silly, just go for it. AND if you have a partner (or pet) at home, bring them in on the fun!
5. Visualize! Stress on your eyes happens every single day. From looking at a screen, to proofreading reports, your peepers put in a full day, everyday! Give them a break from relaying work related information to the brain by looking at images that make you feel happy. We love putting together a Pinterest board of images that just make us feel good. This can be anything from floral images, art, scenery or an Osmosis favorite... pictures of cats or dogs... or cats AND dogs together! Allowing yourself to take in some non-work related joy in the middle of the day lifts your spirits and gives your eyes and brain a little mid-day reset!
There you have it! 5 great tips to help you de-stress. Utilize these tips daily to start feeling lighter, happier, and healthier.
Learn where to shop for a stress-free day here.
- ▼ April (7)
- ► 2016 (107)
- ► 2015 (31)
- ► 2014 (40)
- ► 2013 (63)
- ► 2012 (35)
Osmosis Skincare. Powered by Blogger.