Welcome back to another Osmosis ABC! If you are new to this column, here's a quick rundown! Here we highlight superstar ingredients so you know exactly what you're putting on your skin and what it does to provide incredible results. This month we are looking at a favorite ingredient of ours, Hyaluronic Acid.
We know the word acid is thrown around A LOT in the skincare industry, but not all acids are created equal, and not all acids feel like burning. Hyaluronic acid is found naturally in our bodies and aids in hydration. This acid is one superstar that all skin types should be taking advantage of. Let's find out why:
You see now that Hyaluronic acid is a necessity in your skincare routine. Having optimal hydration and protection from loss of hydration can help a number of skincare concerns. This acid helps treat dry flaky skin, soothes inflammation, and best of all, plumps the skin instantly. We love a little instant gratification in our skincare, don't you? It's no secret in Hollywood either. Many celebs treat their skin to a Hyaluronic treatment right before stepping out on the red carpet to achieve that dewy, Hollywood glow. Here are the amazing products that house this amazing ingredient:
Clear Plus+: Give your skin a treat wherever you are with Clear Plus+. Not only does this liquid gold activate your serums, it can also be used during the day for a pick-me-up! With the winter months approaching, you may want to keep one in your purse, car, nightstand and bathroom... just to be sure you have the wonderful spritz of Hyaluronic acid at your finger tips.
Correct: Rejuvenate your skin with our level 3 Vitamin A Serum. You can fight the aging process and gift your complexion with hydrated, soft, healthy skin. Use Correct at night for the perfect PM treatment. This serum is ideal for all skin types.
Renew: Renew your skin with our level 4 Vitamin A Serum. This level of serum is best suited for those with thicker, resilient skin. Let Renew treat your skin with essential turnover and of course, a dose of Hyaluronic heaven.
Refresh: Provide your sensitive eye area with a lift. Refresh is ideal for all skin types and gives an awake appearance. Hyaluronic acid around the eyes is key for fighting fine lines, wrinkles, and dark circles. This is surely meant to be a staple in your skincare routine.
Quench and Quench Plus+: No moisturizer would be complete without this superstar ingredient. Both Quench and Quench Plus+ contain a big ol' dollop of Hyaluronic Acid and many other good-for-you ingredients to keep your skin hydrated and healthy.
Repair: Calm inflamed, irritated skin with Repair. This mask is the perfect twice-a-week treatment to keep your skin soothed and healthy.
Hydralift: The big Kahuna of Hyaluronic acid! This mask should always be in your beauty routine. Get instant hydration while you plump, smooth, and tighten your skin. Use with Clear Plus+ for deeper, incredible results.
Facial Infusion: Get this wonderful treatment with your professional for 30 days of collagen production and deep hydration. Facial Infusion is your once-a-month treatment to really kick your skin into gear.
Find out where to shop AND where to get a Hyaluronic treatment here.
ACNE. It's one of the most common skin conditions, and one of the most, if not the most frustrating. Acne can strike anyone, no matter your age or skin type. We know how annoying acne can be and have shared in your experience of these pesky, gnarly bumps that pop up (somehow always at the most inopportune time). We also understand the emotional toll acne takes on your spirit and confidence. Providing you with the best treatment to stop acne in its tracks is always at the forefront of our goals, and we now have clinical proof that our treatment works!
We recently conducted a clinical trial to test the results of our Skin Perfection Harmonized Water. The results are in and we can't wait to share them with you! We tested 56 people and 100% of the people tested reported an improvement in their overall skin health.
Skin Perfection targets multiple causes of acne from poor digestion, hormonal or Ph imbalance, and environmental triggers. All of these triggers can cause small to extreme breakouts that are tough to cure. When you start treating acne from the inside, the results can be permanent and groundbreaking. Let's take a closer look at Skin Perfection's results:
With results like this, you have NO excuse not to take advantage of Skin Perfection. Once you start treating your acne on an internal level, your topical treatments can better improve their potency as well. To partner with Skin Perfection, we have the perfect skincare regimen to treat your skin from the outside.
Deep Clean: Essential oils of lemongrass, lemon, and grapefruit deeply clean impurities from the skin while keeping your skin's integrity intact. Use this cleanser twice daily, once in the AM and once in the PM to clean skin and remove makeup.
Clarify: Our Clarify Vitamin A Serum not only helps keep your skin clear of blemishes and blackheads, it also helps keep your skin youthful. Start using this twice a week to give your skin time to adjust, then work your way up to using it every night. *When using a vitamin A serum, it is suggested for nighttime use only. Wear SPF daily to protect your skin as this can make your skin more sensitive to the sun*
Clear: Once you have applied your Clarify Serum, give it even more penetrating strength with Clear. Spritz clear onto the skin after Clarify application and massage lightly. This harmonized activating mist will push the product deeper into the skin for a stronger result.
Rescue: This epidermal repair serum helps minimize scarring and keeps your skin on it's toes. Rescue protects your skin from toxins, neutralizes dark spots from scarring and sun damage, and minimizes the appearance of pores and wounds. Use this daily before applying your SPF (may we suggest Protect?)
BOOM. A simple, straight forward acne routine. Utilizing this routine with Skin Perfection Harmonized Water will provide you with permanent clearing results!
Learn where to shop and treat here.
I'll trade you a twizzler for a peanut butter cup? Yep, the candy train is here and it's taking prisoners. We all indulge sometimes; after all, life wouldn't be fun unless we did. Halloween is no exception! Binging on candy is really easy to do this time of year and we are all too familiar with that feeling when you wake up the morning after Halloween feeling hungover from a sugar binge. Can you guess what we are going to say next...? We have a solution!
We love solving problems on an internal level and overindulging is one we can fix. Sugar Detox Harmonized Water is your Halloween Hero. Our Sugar Detox will aid in neutralizing all that sugar you just stole from your kids (don't worry, we won't tell). Here is what to do to help your body out post sugar monster binge:
1. Wake up and stretch. Get your muscles and digestive system moving with our morning yoga routine.
2. Drink a big ol' glass of water with lemon.
3. Take 5 pumps of Sugar Detox Harmonized Water.
4. Drink water all throughout the day! The proper amount per day is half your body weight in ounces.
5. At night, take another 5 pumps of Sugar Detox Water followed by a cup of Mint Tea to soothe the stomach from all that sugar leaving your body!
This Halloween go for the gold! Indulge and enjoy time with your friends and family, ghosts and ghouls.
Learn where to shop for your detox here.
It's finally the end of makeup meltdown season. No more sweaty faces with foundation, mascara and eyeliner running amok, and no more lightweight moisturizers. It's time to bring in the big guns for fall and winter! This time of year brings dryer weather, which means dry skin, hair and nails, and cough, cough... the common cold. Lucky for you we have our favorite hacks to share with you to help you transition to the new season.
Immerse Hack: Immerse is a secret multi-tasker. We love using the rich Emu Oil based product on our skin for an action packed dose of moisture but, we also love massaging it onto the ends of our hair, scalp, and nail beds.
Polish and Refresh PM: Can you say, LIP TREATMENT!!! Keep your lips plump and healthy this season. Lightly massage Polish onto dry, clean lips. Let it sit for 1 minute then wipe away with a warm wash cloth. Follow this by slathering Refresh PM on and around the lip area. We love this mini treatment before bed, you will wake up with healthy, smooth, plump lips. You can definitely say "I woke up like this."
Restore, Hydralift Firming Gel Mask and Baking Soda: Mix one pump of Restore, 1 tsp of Hydralift and 1 tsp of baking soda into a paste. Spread the paste on yellowing nails and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Wash away with warm water and gentle soap to lift summer nail polish stains and treat your cuticles to some major hydration!
Lip Dupe: Looking for the perfect dupe to the Reality Celeb's Lip Line (name rhymes with Tylie Kenner)? Line and fill in your lips with our Brown Eye Pencil, top with Aura Lip Gloss for a sexy, fall trend that's to die for!
Prime your Skin: This fall and winter is bound to bring on some dry, flaky skin. Mix one pump of Immerse with a wipe of our Age Defying Treatment Concealer for the perfect, skin blurring primer. You'll get flawless looking skin and all the moisture your little heart can handle!
Learn where to shop these hacks here.
You may have noticed, we LOVE Fall! This season is just so darn inviting, soothing, and rejuvenating it's almost too much to bare... but we obviously make it work!
Top 10 Fall Activities Bucket List:
1. Crunching Leaves beneath your feet. Why? It’s just the most rewarding sound that transports you back to your childhood. Fall is the perfect time to allow yourself to be young at heart.
3. Hot Chocolate Experiment: There is nothing better than a fancy cup o’ chocolate on a crisp fall night. We LOVE creating new recipes. We are currently loving, dark chocolate cocoa with ginger, cinnamon, and a splash of pear simple syrup.
4. Apple Picking. Apples are so hot right now. Get out to an orchard and pick away. Apples can be made into just about anything, so go for a whole basket!
5. Corn Maze. We love a good mind game that also makes you move. Corn mazes are up and running, make it a competition (friendly) with your family and friends!
6. PUMPKIN PATCH!!! If you can’t tell by the all-caps, going to a pumpkin patch may be our favorite thing!
7. Rake leaves. Make pile of leaves. Get a running start and jump into pile.
8. People forget that pine cone season falls within the Autumn equinox. Go collect pine cones and display them in your home with some gorgeous fall leaves.
9. Find the perfect Pinot. Red wine and fall go together like chocolate and peanut butter, spend a week trying to find your favorite pallet. Stock up so you have your favorite sips available for the season.
10. Breathe. Fall air is so crisp, calming and inviting. Step outside for your morning yoga routine and breathe it all in.
That’s it! Our favorite fall activities we hope you cross off your list!
At this point, it's no secret that at Osmosis spreading awareness in regards to health issues is important to us. This month is no exception. October represents the month of Breast Cancer Awareness and the fight to find a cure. Staying on top of your exams with your Doc and yourself is beyond important for early detection. We know, mammograms are not an ideal test to get done, it's uncomfortable but vital to your health and so important to go in every year to get your breasts checked. Remember, if breast cancer runs in your family or you have a positive BRCA 1 or 2 mutation, MRI's and mammograms are suggested in 6 month increments in order to stay on top of your breast health.
How else can you help the fight against breast cancer?
Share: Speak up for those who have been diagnosed, direct them to Beyond The Shock and be there for them in their time of need.
Be Active: It's easy to host a fundraiser to help provide necessary funds to further research for a cure. From a run, to a fun women's only party (with a wine auction maybe?) you can help create awareness by helping our incredibly passionate scientists to find a permanent cure for this cancer that effects roughly 246, 660 women per year.
Use SAFE Products: Osmosis is proud to have a large amount of Oncology Friendly products. What does this mean? These products will not, under any circumstances, cause or increase cancerous cells. Using noncarcinogenic products makes quite a difference. Your skin absorbs EVERYTHING you put on it, that is why we take such care to provide you with products that have been approved as safe for sensitive and compromised skin.
Be Proud: WEAR your pink! We love showing off our pride in our health by wearing First Kiss Lipstick all month long. Wear yours this month to show your pride in your health and the health of others.
Support: Find support for yourself or your loved ones. breastcancer.org has a wonderful portal to find a community of support, just for you. It is easy to isolate yourself when you are going through a hard time, but one of the most important things to do for you, is to surround yourself with empathy. It's more healing and uplifting than you think.
This month, take a moment to be thankful for your life, thankful for your health, and thankful for those around you who enrich your life. Be bold this Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Learn where to shop Oncology Friendly Products here.
Fall is the time to reinvigorate and rejuvenate (with a cup of pumpkin spice something of course). Part of gearing up for fall is taking a moment to reinvent your home. You can do this on a low budget just by adding cleansing scents that warm and awaken the spirit. We are huge fans of essential oils, they can add a sense of newness to your home and calm negative energy. Here are our favorite essential oils for fall:
2. Clove: Clove is the perfect oil to diffuse to boost your energy. In the morning take a whiff or two right upon waking. Let the warming yet energizing scent lift you up before you start your day. Keep in mind, clove has super strength so be sure to use WAY less than you think you need in your diffuser.
3. Sandalwood and Birch Blend: These two oils can help soothe autumn coughs due to germs and colds floating around. This blend will also help clean the air around you and soothe your mind and boost your memory function.
4. Cardamom: This spice gives a warm, balsamic, slightly sweet scent. Your home will smell like a fall forest when you diffuse this stomach soothing oil.
5. Vanilla: Soothe nerves, squash anxiety, and drift off to sleep with a feeling of tranquility. Vanilla is so much more than a delicious flavor, its scent can simply calm you and your space. Its antioxidant powers can also help clean the air of free radicals.
You can give your home a spiritual facelift in a few easy steps.
2. Pick your oils!
3. Create a blend and pop it into your diffuser.
4. Breath deeply and enjoy the scent of autumn right in your home.
This fall is the perfect time to create your own warm, essential oil blends to help you cleanse your home and spirit of stress and negativity before the holiday season starts.
Make your own blend and get to diffusing. Add the benefit of a Harmonized Water to get a full, inside and outside effect.
- Osmosis ABC's: H - Hyaluronic Acid
- How to Get Rid of Acne: Natural Treatments for Per...
- Halloween Binge: Sugar Detox to the Rescue!
- Beauty Hacks: Fall and Winter Survival Hacks
- 10 Fall Activities to Cross Off Your Bucket List
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month - How You Can Help
- Essential Oils: Fall Must-Haves for a Happy Home
- ▼ October (7)
- ► 2015 (32)
- ► 2014 (40)
- ► 2013 (64)
- ► 2012 (37)
Osmosis Skincare. Powered by Blogger.