Cat Eye - The Easy Way
Ohhhh the elusive cat eye. For many makeup artists, it's a go-to look, but if you don't happen to have a makeup artist in your back pocket, achieving such a look can be, well... hairy, not to mention terrifying, if you don't trust in your own artistry skills. But with a little simplifying and practice, you can nail this look! A cat eye is feminine, a little vintage, classy, and can really make your eyes look larger than they are. There are many adjustments you can make to the cat eye application to fit any eye shape. Follow along to perfect this coveted look:
1. Start with a simple natural lid. We LOVE using the Matte Collection Shadows for a classy, natural look.
2. Using the Liquid Eye Definer draw a thin, crisp line starting from the outer corner of your eye and pull the line up at an angle towards the tip of your brow. (You can choose how long or short you want the "tail" to be).
3. Starting from the middle of your line, create a small triangle which expands onto your lash line. This will keep the point of the tail sharp.
4. Fill in the triangle and begin to pull the rest of your line into the inner corner of your eye.
5. Randomly "meow" at people while you walk down the street with your bad self!
*For close set eyes - add Opal Water Color Eye Shadow to the inner corners of your eyes to create the illusion of space.
*For hooded eyes, start the "tail" closer to the mid-section of your eye (before you reach the outer corner) and extend the tail upwards towards the tip of your brow.
*For mature lids - Follow the same steps but make a "kitten" tail. Meaning, make the tail smaller, and shorter in length.
Matte Eye Shadow Collection
Eye Definer Liner in Black
Opal Water Color Eye Shadow
Find out where to shop here.