Internal Wellness: Fall into Health - Time to Detox
It's FALL!!! This is, by far, Osmosis' favorite season. It's a time for shedding negativity from our lives and starting fresh. The cool air provides crisp, rejuvenating energy, and our coffee shops are filled with the smell of pumpkin (basic yes, but can you blame us)? Fall is the perfect season to take a look at your health and wellness and start making changes to prepare your body and spirit for the stressful holiday season that's nipping at the heals of golden, falling leaves. Our spring detox is a great place to start, but we want to add a few new steps to help your body be the best it can be!
Detox your Skin:
Let's clear your skin of summer damage and gunk! Allow yourself 20 minutes of me-time to do the following:
1. Boil 2 cups of water and steep 4 mint tea leaves until water is medium dark.
2. Place water in a heat safe bowl.
3. Grab a hand towel, drape it over your head and lean into the steam from the bowl to get the infused steam onto your skin. Inhale deeply and steam your skin for 5 minutes.
4. Slather a healthy amount of Pore Minimizing Clay Mask from forehead to collar bone. Let it sit for 15 minutes. (Things you can do while waiting: Pour yourself one glass of red wine, have a dance party, scare the neighbors, meditate... you choose.)
5. Rinse mask completely.
6. Spot treat any sun damage or dark spots with Enlighten.
7. Apply two pumps of Replenish all over face, neck, and décolleté.
8. Spritz skin with Clear + and massage skin, starting from your forehead down to your neck in soft sweeping strokes.
9. Sip your wine and continue to dance!
Detox your Body:
Now it's time to clear your body of toxins and sugar from all those margaritas and copious amounts of baseball food. Here is what you will need:
Sugar Detox Harmonized Water
Natural deodorant (without aluminum and parabens)
Notebook to journal how you feel
Organic fruits (load up on lemons)
Lean, organic meats and wild caught fish
Gluten Free Oatmeal
Let's get to detoxing!
1. Rise and stretch with our Morning Yoga Workout.
2. Drink a big glass of room temp. water with one whole lemon squeezed into it.
3. Fix yourself a hearty bowl of oatmeal with fresh, organic raspberries, honey, and a tablespoon of pea protein powder.
4. Take 1 DIM, 1 Complete and 1 Elevate.
5. Pump 5 pumps of Sugar Detox Harmonized Water into your mouth.
6. Take 1 pump of Restore and let it sit under your tongue for 10 minutes. Spit and discard when done.
6. Start your day!
1. Be sure to be drinking half your body weight in ounces in water throughout the day.
2. Take 5 more pumps of Sugar Detox.
3. Eat a big salad with wild caught fish. Make sure your salad is colorful with your favorite types of veggies, and take it easy on the dressing... we love a drizzle of balsamic vinegar or olive oil with lemon and a pinch of pink Himalayan Sea Salt.
4. Take 1 Complete and 1 Elevate.
5. Take a quick break to high-five yourself for being awesome.
1. Drink a warm cup of water with lemon, or tea with lemon.
2. Meditate in silence for 15 minutes. Focus on the goals you achieved that day and breathe into your success.
2. Eat a healthy meal of steamed veggies, brown rice and free range, organic chicken.
3. Take 1 Complete and 1 DIM.
4. Look at yourself in the mirror for one minute straight (it's harder than it sounds), admire your uniqueness and take pride in yourself. You just finished your first day of treating your body like a temple... and you made it through!
Repeat these steps for 30 days, limit alcohol intake (a glass of red wine twice a week is fine), cut out sugar and be sure to get at least 30 minutes of cardiovascular exercise in each day (that includes weekends)! Get creative with your meals, look at using unique spices and healthy fats to add flavor (olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil).
With our wellness supplements and a clean, sugar-free diet your organs will strip themselves of toxins, leaving you feeling refreshed, clean, and light. Your skin will be clear and glowing and you will have an abundance of mental clarity just as we head into the hectic holiday season. You will be saying "Ommmm" through the rest of the year!
Learn where to shop for your detox here.