10 Tips for Skin of ColorAs featured in Les Nouvelles Esthetiques & Spa ~ July 2013
10 Makeup Pointers for Skin of Color From a Pro
by Alejandro Falcon, Artistic Director for Osmosis Skincare
- Use good skin care to keep the skin hydrated; it will help prevent an ashy or gray appearance.
- Use a sun protection product, especially on the forehead area so that it does not become darker than the rest of the face.
- Reiterate the importance of not picking at acne breakouts. They can scar and become difficult to camouflage.
- Encourage the use of eye creams to keep the area under the eyes from becoming dryer or darker. There will be less to conceal when applying makeup.
- Select a foundation that will work well with the skin type.
- Find foundation with warm undertones for those skins with a bronze or terracotta tone.
- Use bright colors for eye shadows to make the eyes stand out.
- Fill in brows to frame the eye shape.
- Find blushes with deep, rich colors. These colors blend better and appear more natural on skin of color.
- Bright or deep lip colors with some rich or metallic glosses can help make skin of color look fresh and pretty, especially if natural makeup is used on the eyes.